Political Activities Committee
Co-Chairs: Jack Young & Lisa Stripling
To have the Democratic ‘voice’ heard by our elected representatives and to encourage the election of qualified Democratic candidates at the local, county, state and national level. In order to do this, the following activities and/or actions are recommended:
- Initiate letter writing campaigns on important issues. The Political Activities Committee will draft ‘sample’ letters regarding suitable issues of interest to our membership using appropriate ‘talking points’ researched by the committee using newspaper articles as well as Democratic organizations’ website information. We will encourage membership to use these ‘sample’ letters as a starting point to contact the appropriate representative(s) and/or ‘Letters to the Editor’ of the Dallas Morning News.
- Encourage members to participate in political activities with the Collin County and Texas State Democratic organizations.
- Work with the Education Committee to bring Democratic activists as well as Democratic candidates to speak to our membership.
- Provide a comprehensive and up-to-date list of elected representatives for membership.
- Provide a comprehensive list of Democratic websites for membership.
- Provide elected officials’ job descriptions as well as procedures to be followed to seek elected office.
- VOTE GUIDE is any easy to use platform that lets you communicate securely with your elected officials at all levels of government.
- LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS is a non-partisan political organization that encourages informed, active participation in government; works to increase understanding of major policy issues; and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- TEXAS TRIBUNE is a non-profit, non-partisan public media organization covering Texas politics and policies.
- DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE offers daily news updates, policy analysis, links, email updates and opportunities to participate in the political process.
- BATTLEGROUND TEXAS is an organization whose primary effort is to turn Texas into a more balanced state politically.
- The House Democratic Caucus.
- DCCC is the official campaign arm of the Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- DSCC is the official Senate Democratic organization.
- TEXAS DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATION. Go to: /
- COLLIN COUNTY DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATION.
Who Represents Me?
U.S. President: www.whitehouse.gov or 202-456-1111
Texas U.S. Senators:
John Cornyn: www.cornyn.senate.gov or 972-239-1310 [local] or 202-224-2934
Ted Cruz: www.cruz.senate.gov or 214-599-8749 [local] or 202-224-5922
Texas U.S. Representative: Congressional District 3
Van Taylor: www.vantaylor.house.gov or 972-202-4150 [local] or 202-225-4201
Texas State Senator: TX Senate District 8
Angela Paxton: www.angelapaxton.senate.state.tx.us or 512-463-0108
Texas State Representative: TX House District 89
Candy Noble: www.noble.house.state.tx.us or 512-463-0186
Texas Attorney General:
Ken Paxton: www.texas.attorneygeneral.gov or 512-463-2100
Texas State Board of Education Member: District 12
Pam Little: firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-342-6697
Town of Fairview:
Mayor: Henry Lessner, email@example.com or 214-893-5360 [cell]